Saturday, December 31, 2016

The First Post

If you're talking to me, and it looks like I'm not listening, I'm probably not. I teach Latin and that's about all I'll say about that, except for, my brain is usually a millennium behind the rest of me. If you have to ask why I'm making things all the time, this probably won't be the blog for you. I'm obsessed with kitsch and crafts of the 30s through the 70s.

My goals for this blog include: showing people how to make things, showing people how I make things, learning how people make things, keeping the existential dread at bay, and getting on a talk show to teach people how to make things. I'm thinking my Pipe Cleaner Christmas Sprites (and Cats) would be the logical first step, but honestly, I'll teach you how to make anything. I just want to be on TV. (Short of TV I will also accept a book deal or a feature in a magazine.)

You can expect okay directions, reasonable photos, and variety. There'll be fermenting vegetables, fortune telling, homemade cat toys, a garden in the spring, brewing beer, soap making, sewing and knitting and crocheting and -- as of late! -- weaving.

You probably know me from high school or college or you're a friend of my mom. WELCOME! A psychic at a party said this was all going to go really well, by the way, if that helps. Tomorrow you can learn how to make a pin-loom from the okayest blogger around.

No comments:

Post a Comment